Body Language is Key Women are strange creatures that men will never truly understand. While men are mostly simple when it comes to relationships, women are very complex. Each little word, thought, and movement means something, so make sure you’re paying attention. Since it’s hard to decipher what a women says, the more reliable method is to pay attention to her body language. Actions speak louder than words, so read through the rest of this gallery to learn the signs of each of these emotions:
1. Lust 2. Anger 3. Interest 4. Disinterest 5. Conflicted Emotions 6. Friendship
1. Lust Of all the body language a woman can exhibit, these signs are the ones that signal a green light for sexy time:
- Intense and obvious eye contact
- Leaning toward you
- Heavy breathing
- Biting her lip
Any time you notice a woman giving you this type of body language, it means that she’s ready to brush everything off of the table and get it on right there. Respond in kind by increasing your eye contact and lightly touching her.
2. Anger On the opposite end of the spectrum from lust is anger. If a girl is showing any of these body language signals, you need to back off immediately:
- Tightly pursed lips
- Tightly crossed arms
- Hands on hips
- Squinted eyes
- Purposefully looking away
This body language means that there’s something you need to apologize for, even if you don’t know what you did. Be as humble as possible, and don’t let her convince you that nothing is wrong.
3. Interest While anger and lust are easier to spot, the female body language for general interest is much less pronounced. You’ll really need to keep your eyes out for these subtle signals:
- Fidgeting with jewelry or clothing
- Dilated (large) pupils
- Feet pointed toward you
- Frequent laughing/smiling
- Applying of chapstick or lipstick
- Any physical touching
The most obvious of these signs is a woman’s physical touch. If she puts her hand on your hand or your arm in any way, it’s a very strong sign that she’s interested in you.
4. Disinterest Of course, there is the flip-side of the coin, where a woman is disinterested in you. If you start seeing any of this body language from a woman, then you should probably just pack it up and call it a day:
- Loosely crossed arms
- Wandering eyes
- Leaning back
- Drumming fingers
You shouldn’t give up at the first sign of this type of body language, but if she’s not responding to your advances then just move on because she’s obviously not interested.
5. Friendship You probably didn’t want to think about it, but there is body language that signals you’re headed toward the dreaded “friend zone.” If you see any of these signs, then you’re probably destined for friendship instead of a relationship:
- Keeping a short distance
- Only laughing or smiling when appropriate
- Looking at other guys
- Side-hugs or handshakes
Be careful, because it’s easy to mix up the signals that mean interest and friendship. Mistaking friendship for interest can lead to disastrous consequences, so don’t make a move until you’re confident.
6. Conflicted Emotions Occasionally, you won’t see any of the obvious signals for any other emotion, or you’ll see both positive and negative ones. If this happens to you, then the woman probably has conflicted emotions. While this might seem like a negative, this is actually a good sign, because it means that she hasn’t made up her mind yet. Just keep being friendly and slightly flirtatious until you start seeing more consistent body language.